20061124

Illustration Friday: Invention

click image for larger view

before i say anything else, i want to apologize to anyone who is offended by this cartoon. i do not apologize for the cartoon itself, but only because it is not meant to offend. i strongly believe one must always follow one's muse, and this is where she lead me this week. she sometimes has a wicked, biting sense of humor, but that's all it is. humor.

this image was specifically created for this IF Challenge. as always thanks to those who commented last week. particularly my IF buddy Scott (this one's for you, bud), and thanks for dropping by. have a groovy weekend all. peace.

9 Comments:

Blogger Ellen said...

Ha,ha,ha,ha!!!!LOLOLOL!!! I think it's hysterical!

1:29 PM  
Blogger Dodo said...

Spot on!
I'm guilty of doing that, but not much, and not recently... I really try to post new stuff now, or not post at all. After all, the point of IF is to create new stuff, to make our imagination work.

However, if the work posted is really good, I'll not worry about.

1:59 PM  
Blogger Terry Border said...

Ha!!!!! I only wish EVERY I.F. contributor would see this image! Fan-freakin-tastical.

2:18 PM  
Blogger Brine Blank said...

You Nailed It!!! This is such a great site to stretch the mind...There are so many great artists on here that I would like to see them putting their gears to work...I'll still look at the rest of their blogs to see their other stuff but it does seem to cheat the intent of the system.

10:19 PM  
Blogger Jeannetto said...

This is awesome! Very funny!

Maybe I'm guilty of posting some not-so-current work, but sometimes I'd rather be drawing something I'm inspired by than thinking up a new Thanksgiving piece.

But anyway, I like your sense of humor.

11:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! I love where your muse broughtyou, gave me quite the giggle considering;) ~Foxy

8:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a good one!! :) Sometimes I wished I had a portfolio to whip something out for IF, but I only started drawing actively and well... this doesn't apply to me, but who knows, it may in a few years' time and then I'll remember your illo as a reminder ;)

9:18 AM  
Blogger Digital Scott's Illustrationblog said...

Bill, you are hilarious! After reading your blog entry, I was not quite sure what to expect when clicking on the illustration, but you had me literally rolling on the floor with laughter! Well done. Absolutely brilliant.

1:14 AM  
Blogger Larry Lee said...

Love your cartoon. Gotta get one of those robots. Of course, what I really need is a portfolio. One way or another I've been able to come up with a new illo each week. Some weeks are crazier than others. The challenge is fun.
I love the irony of creating a new piece to illustrate the point about using old work for each topic. (I hope that made sense)

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home